About this privacy notice
We collect and process information about our site users, customers, and clients in accordance and compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), as applicable to residents of the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA) who use or wish to use our products and services.
Personal Data is any information relating to an identifiable living person, which can be used to directly or indirectly identify you.
What personal data do we collect?
In order to provide our services and products to you, we may collect and process information provided by you, including:
- First, middle, and last names, where appropriate. Home, site, and/or product delivery addresses.
- Telephone, email, and other contact details for yourself, or other designated person as provided by you; as in the case of Power of Attorney, or other personal or legal requirements.
- Your date and/or place of birth, where appropriate to any contractual credit agreements requested by you, from ourselves or any partner companies previously identified to you.
- Account numbers and/or other identifiers required to provide services to you; such as vehicle registration numbers or special delivery requirements; where appropriate and provided by you.
At your request, we may also collect and process sensitive Personal Data, including but not limited to the applicable health conditions of specified individuals, where such information would be relevant to the provision and prioritisation of services provided by us. In all such cases, any Personal Data collected or processed for this purpose will only be held for the length of time needed for the provision of the requested service and will not be shared outside without your knowledge.
How do we collect your data?
If applicable to the products or services we provide to you, or which have been requested from us, we may collect Personal Data from publicly available sources including, but not limited to, Companies House, LinkedIn, and search engines, such as Google.
Where appropriate to products and services you have requested from us, we will also obtain and process Personal Data related to your credit status and payment history through Experian.
Why we process your personal data
- We collect and process your personal information in order to:
Perform and provide the contracts and services we have entered into with you, and or
- To perform internal risk assessments relative to any credit agreements you have requested of us, for the purposes of providing financial credit and fraud protection and/or
- To comply with our legal & regulatory obligations and requirements, and/or
- To pursue our legitimate business interests, where such interests do not conflict with or impinge on your overriding right to privacy.
How long we retain your personal data
Your personal data will be held by us for as long as is necessary to provide the products and services, and for as long as there remains a valid and legal reason for retaining it.
Where personal data is connected to invoices and/or safety certificates related to products supplied by us, or partner companies, this information will be held for no longer than 7 years following the termination or completion of the relevant service and/or contract, in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
You may, at any time, contact us by any of the methods listed below, in order to review or correct any information held by us, in accordance with the Your Rights section.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
Third Party Websites
Because we want your experience of the Website to be as informative and useful as possible, we may provide a number of links to Third Party Websites. Always be aware of where you end up. Third Party Websites may send their own cookies to users, or otherwise collect data or solicit personal information.
Controlling your personal information
You may, at any time, choose to restrict or control the collection or use of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- When you are asked to fill in a form and/or contract on our website, email, post or marketing portals (by ensuring that you do not tick any box which consents to our use of your personal information if you do not want us to use your personal information for those purposes);
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for specific purposes and wish to change your mind;
- If you wish for your personal information to be erased from our systems;
- If you wish for us to transfer your personal information to a third party. In this case, we will provide you with certain personal information held by us for you to pass to that third party - or, in certain circumstances, we may be able to transfer that data to such third party directly if practical under GDPR rules on the transfer of data within UK & EEA territories.
As a natural person within the UK or EEA, as defined by the GDPR, you have the right:
- To know that your personal information is being processed by us;
- To access any information that is being processed;
- To correct, amend, or rectify any personal information being held or processed;
- To the erasure of any personal information held about you (commonly known as the right to be forgotten);
- To restrict the processing of your data;
To be notified about what information has been rectified, erased and restricted;
- To the portability of your data (for example, to request your data be shared or transferred to someone else);
- To object to the automatic processing of your information, and to automated decision making based on your personal information, such as in the use of credit matching services through Experian.
If you want to remove a consent or request, erase or transfer of your personal information, you may do so at any time by writing to us at
Unit 2/1 Piper Road,
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Where we do seek your permission we will name the relevant third party at the time we seek such permission from you and any such permission shall be limited to that third party.
Sometimes we may have to pass information to statutory bodies authorised to obtain data under various legislation, such as the police or tax authority.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write, email or call us as soon as possible, using the details set out above. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of 25th May 2018. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.